Sunday, November 23, 2008

Waking up on the right side of the bed, both sides of the brain


This morning I woke up more philosophical than Plato. Pla-flow. Flow-to. I had a dream that I was interviewing for a job with Diddy on his underwater yacht and Sonya Richards (she was a great dancer in my dream. We chatted in the restroom when I lent her my Aveda moisturizer for her ashy hands) was a guest judge. The interview went something like this:

Who is your favorite author? Toni Morrison.
What is your favorite book by Toni Morrison? The Bluest Eye.
Who is your favorite character from The Bluest Eye? Petunia.
What is your favorite line from the book? (silence) ooooh, I'll have to think about that one because the entire book is my favorite line.
Are you afraid (of being in competition for the job I assumed)? No.
Why aren't you afraid? Because "the man who knows something knows that he knows nothing at all".
What does that mean? Fear is an emotion shy of confidence. Understanding fear is knowing that ones success is not measured against man but relative to how well one understands his or her own place in the universal order. So losing is not about being better or worse it's about being in place, as is winning.
Tell me one of your craziest thoughts? Well, recently scientists have found another planet. I think it's planet number 362. That means that as humans, we have found evidence that there are at least 362 rocks like the one we live on. We don't quite know how inhabitable they are because they don't have the same consistency as Earth, meaning water, land, vegetation, oxygen but we know they are there. I ask myself often what is life and what a brilliant mind God has to have thought up humanity and creation. God is so smart and I know that if God has created the complexity of life and emotion, of course there must be other life forms out there. Crazy about this thought is that I hope the afterlife means discovering that we (earth dwellers) are the last ones to realize that death is not dying but energy transforming. We are so simple when it comes to emotions. Think about it. We've figured out how to fly planes and mimic the birds, we can communicate across hemispheres in seconds, we can even break molecules down and recreate the energy of fire in a microwave but our response to death is to dig a whole in the ground and throw the body in. Cry for a while and store that person in memory, if that. I hope to find out one day that God's other creations have tapped into a different vibe with the Universe, with God and have been granted the opportunity to become whatever they wish just by connecting to God and to the Universe. I think they are both equally important.

Okay, thank you.

And I woke up. I had to blog. My girlfriend chuckled as I recounted my dream but it's such a great feeling to find insight into what's going on in your life. At the moment, I'm looking for a job and have had a few interviews that seemed to go well but didn't get me the position. I feel as if I've been given a pat on the back by God through my dream. Somehow saying don't trip too much, you're on the right track, you just haven't come across the right thing for your life.

Be easy. Be good to each other. Be well.

No comments: