Friday, June 17, 2011

Fear: the Gift (as in poison) that keeps on giving.


I would've been pissed if my flight had been delayed for some saggin. Now, I don't understand it just like the next person, but then again who says I want to see half naked Calvin Klein ads plastered up and down Broadway either? This whole thing is an issue of cultural value and who's contributing to the capital landscape of this country. Strangely, the ones historically marginalized have been the driving force behind the success of this country. Even today with all of this anti-immigration ridiculousness, were it not for the Latino population of America, shit would be falling apart even more around here. So now, I ask, maybe the saggin pants fad is a sight for sore eyes, but do we really, really give a shit? I don't think we do. I think we just like to find things to bitch about and tax, we like to do that too. There's a more important conversation to have and it won't happen by criminalizing people. When will we learn that lesson? Ugggh. You can't throw everybody in jail America, YOU CANT AFFORD IT! Stay in your lane, save some money and invest in some communication skills. Haven't you heard, talk is CHEAP!

No comments: